Our aim is to promote excellent and ethical research. We have established an Ethics Committee, responsible to the Superu Board, to ensure that researchers whose work involves human participants conduct their work with appropriate regard for ethical principles and cultural values.
The Ethics Committee:
- Ensures that all research conducted or commissioned by Superu which involves human participants or the use of personal information is carried out in accordance with accepted ethical and legal principles.
- Reviews research by other government and non-government agencies at their request.
- Considers any matter of ethical concern relating to the involvement of human participants in Superu’s research.
Ethics Committee members
- Sharron Cole – CEO and Registrar of the Midwifery Council. Sharron is the Chair of the Ethics Committee.
- Dr John Kleinsman – Director of the Nathaniel Centre (the New Zealand Catholic Bioethics Centre).
- Dr Tamasailau M Suaalii-Sauni – Senior Lecturer in Pacific Studies at Victoria University of Wellington and a member of its Human Ethics Committee.
- Dr Tineke Water – Head of Research Health Care Practice at the Auckland University of Technology.
- Paul Brown – Principal Statistician at Statistics New Zealand.